Meet and greet
The purpose of this conversation tool is to help the mentor or coach and the mentee or client get to know one another.
Don’t rush through this exercise.
- The mentee or client answers the questions in a notebook before the mentoring or coaching session.
- The mentor or coach and mentee or client discuss the answers during the mentoring or coaching session.
- What do you like to read?
- What is your marital status?
- What is your favourite place on earth? Why?
- What kind of social life do you have?
- What do you do for leisure?
- Tell me about the people that live with you, who they are, where they fit into your
life, what they mean to you, etc.
- Please describe your career
- How long have you been with our company?
- Who is your boss?
- In what department/team do you work?
- Why do you work for our company?
- What is it that you actually do in our company? (What is your work?)
- What excites you about working for our company?
- If you could choose to do any other kind of work what would you like to do?
- What are some of the challenges you have to deal with in your work?
- What kind of people do you find difficult to work with?
- What can I do to make life at work a little better/easier for you?
Set a date and time for your next session.